You can help the Highland County Humane Society by:
- Monetary donations
- Supplies for cats and dogs in foster, office supplies, stamps
- Gas cards
- Gift cards to Walmart, Costco, Petco and Petsmart
- Business sponsorship
- Photography and video of animals for adoption
- Grant writing
Another great way to support HCHS!
Log on to this URL for online courses, classes and assessments…
HCHS receives 20% of any purchased courses and assessments! Simply follow this link and enter the password HCHS is all caps. Thanks again for your support. Please share and crosspost!
A foster –Can’t adopt right now? Consider fostering an animal. Currently, 100% of our HCHS animals are in foster families. Fostering provides one-on-one direct care, socialization, improvements in house training and acclimation to other pets. What does it take to be a foster home? Mostly a big heart and love! Fostering allows shelter and relinquished animals to be saved and placed up for adoption. Fostering can be as short as a few days or a few weeks based on the requirements of the individual pet and your time commitments. The HCHS can provide food, litter and veterinary care.
Contact us for more information about Fostering.
A volunteer – This organization is 100% volunteer run. Without the dedication of its volunteers, we could not do what we do. Interested in volunteering? Volunteer duties include fostering, socializing animals in another foster home, exercising/walking dogs, grooming animals, spay/neuter transport, TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return of feral cats), clerical work, community outreach, off-site events, humane education and investigation, grant writing, fundraising, specialized skills like carpentry, photography, etc.
A sponsor – The following individuals or corporate sponsors provide ongoing donations in order for us to provide continued care and veterinary services to the animals of HCHS. We feature your business on our website and in newsletters. This is a wonderful way to increase your sales and let the community know you are helping a worthy cause.
Supplies Wish List
- Wet (canned) dog food and dry dog food
- Dry cat food or dry kitten food and wet (canned) cat food
- Dog and cat treats
- Cat toys, such as balls, toy mice & dangly cloth toys on a stick
- Dog toys, such as buster cubes (puzzle balls to keep the dogs entertained), Kongs, nylabones, greenies
- Stretch and Scratch scratchers for cats (http://stretchandscratch.com/)
- Kuranda dog beds, size medium (donate a bed at www.kuranda.com)
- SnuggleSafe microwave heat pads link
- Fleece material and washable blankets (no sheets, please)
- Plastic litter pans for kittens and cats
- Scoopable cat litter
Laundry & Dishes for Pets
- Paper towels and scrubbing sponges
- Towels: hand, dish, wash and bath towels
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- White copy paper
- Pens, especially Sharpies
- Forever stamps
- Adoption Contract printing
Foster care Facility Maintenance
- Flexi leads
- Plastic kids swimming pool for dogs
- Perches and cat walks for cats